This is what's up...

My photo
This is what's up... I am starting a new adventure, a journey even, of self discovery... Purpose: I am going to spend the next 365 days w/out buying clothes-for myself. Strange? Maybe. Maybe not. We will see what sort of things happen...

2.26.2010

Books

Upon graduating almost 2 years ago I have had the privilege to read for pleasure. Something I am glad to have the time to do. So I have worked my way through some books. My sister Amanda would tell you that my favorite kind of books to read are the juveniles. Maybe it's just me, but not only are they quick reads but they're captivating, imaginative, thought provoking and simply fun. So let it be known I am not ashamed!

Some of the books that I have read most recently are:

The Hunger Games Saga by: Suzanne Collins the author of the Twilight Saga
http://www.suzannecollinsbooks.com/
http://www.hungergames.com

-The next book #3 will be out on August 24th, and you bet I will be checking that bad boy out from the library!
-These books bring a very interesting fictional perspective on society, government and it's effects on the people.

The City of Ember Saga by: Jeanne Duprau
http://www.jeanneduprau.com/books.shtml

-The 4th book in this series is due out August 26th.
-I really like these books, but I am still deciding what I really feel about them. I struggled at first to get through The Prophet of Yonwood. And not because the reading was hard, but because it was so different from the two previous books that I wasn't expecting it.

A Wrinkle in Time Series by: Madeleine L'Engle
http://www.madeleinelengle.com/

-I absolutely loved these books, and she has others where the characters lines touch in other books, so I would also like to read those. And I believe they just came out.
-Madeleine passed away in 2007, which I just found out and I am sad about. I have found an author that I love. If you have or ever do read any of her books you will I am sure love her writing as well.


So, go and check these books out. You will at the very least enjoy them if not love them.
I will be back to update on my reading of Little Women once I am through with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment