This is what's up...

My photo
This is what's up... I am starting a new adventure, a journey even, of self discovery... Purpose: I am going to spend the next 365 days w/out buying clothes-for myself. Strange? Maybe. Maybe not. We will see what sort of things happen...

5.16.2010

My New Life Direction

So, I left you all while I was still in San Carlos interviewing for a Girls Ministry position. I ended that trip on the 3rd and had a GREAT time on the west coast. It was beautiful, fun, different and very exciting to say the least. And the minute, literally that I landed in STL I got a phone call offering me the position! I mean I was still sitting in my seat on the plan ( second to last row in the back) when I received the call.

I also had an interview on April 21st at Salem United Church of Christ in Alhambra, IL. This interview went swimmingly. It is a beautiful white simple church full of wonderful people and in an area that I am more familiar with than San Carlos. They too offered me the Youth Director position, 15 minutes after I left that interview!

So needless to say I was and continue to be SUPER excited!

But, then it came to having to make a decision. Uhhh, it was a hard, trying, emotional period in my life. I became a very selfish and self-centered person. Looking back now, I was pretty much a crazy and it should not have been that way. It was hard. But with the help of God and many great people in my life I made it through and came to a decision. A decision that in the end I have peace and excitement about...

I have chosen to go to Alhambra for many reasons that I will not and do not feel I need to get into, because in the end I have peace and I will be serving God and youth and these things are much, much, much more important!

So, on May 23rd I will be introduced to the Church as the Youth Director during the service. For anyone that may be interested, feel free to come and celebrate with all of us.
Salem is located:
If you are coming from Edwardsville, take 140, pass through Hamel, and the next town is Alhambra and the church will be on your left- a great white church.
1117 West North Street
Alhambra, Il 62001
http://www.salemuccalh.org/

So, please feel free to come and celebrate. I do hope to have some kind of gathering so that I can celebrate with all of you. This is worth celebrating!!!
Thank you for all your prayers, words, thoughts, love, time and energies throughout this searching process and time. It will be a celebration for me to thank all of you as well.

Love, Love, Love
Corinne

No comments:

Post a Comment