This is what's up...

My photo
This is what's up... I am starting a new adventure, a journey even, of self discovery... Purpose: I am going to spend the next 365 days w/out buying clothes-for myself. Strange? Maybe. Maybe not. We will see what sort of things happen...

6.18.2010

Turtle Killer

Today started out not quite the way I had planned but it has continued quite nicely until about 3:30 on this Friday afternoon.
I went to Greenville to have a lovely business lunch meeting with my friend and colleague Stefanie Montgomery. We tried out Bentley's and I think it safe to say that we both really enjoyed our lunch. And we defiantly both enjoyed catching up and talking ministry and youth- it was great!
Then I went to Jo's Java on Greenville College campus... where they house the best Chi Tea in the Midwest- of this I am fairly certain. So I was able to indulge in the fine iced chi tea as I visited with my sister Erin! So for a day that started out of sorts was continuing on nicely.
Until...
On my way home, I decided to take the interstate so that I could get home more quickly and hopefully more coolly. I was very wrong about the cool part. My air conditioning selectively works... on this 90+ degree day, it selected to not work. awesome.
Here I am on the interstate, SWEATING and thinking about how much I hate that my air doesn't work when all of the sudden I see this spot on the road. And I wonder what it is. Turns out that as I got closer it was a small turtle! And I thought I managed to miss it, but when I looked in my mirror... it was no where to be seen... I was horrified!
Now, this all may sound very silly and it just might very well be silly. BUT it makes me sad to see animals dead on the side of the road and it crushes me if/when I ever hit them. And on this fateful friday afternoon, a turtle I pray RIP. I am so sorry turtle.

1 comment:

  1. A turtle? Goodness, sister. Glad you had fun in Greenville!

    ReplyDelete