Today was simply a great day! Timothy and I actually arrived at the same time and he helped me carry the supplies into the building. When we walked in the door, two of the kids came running to us, hugging us around the legs- so excited that we were there! It truly made my heart happy and fill with joy. This is how our time together started.
This position is a lot of work with planning, time and energies- I mean we are dealing with elementary school age children! But it never feels like work putting together the activities, going and spending time with them, ect.
But since today was so nice we were able to take the activities outdoors. Which let out bunches of energy! After our spud shamrocks the kids started to play tag. So I thought it would be fun to join in and interact with the kids more on their level. After a while one of the girls, we will call her Ann stomped off. I knowing how that goes... gave her a min and walked after her. Come to find out we had a great conversation, I hope we did anyhow. She was having trouble with self-esteem and so we tried to talk it out. Again, I hope we did well.
I wanted to share this afternoon with you, because like I said, it truly made my heart happy and full of joy!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment