This is what's up...

My photo
This is what's up... I am starting a new adventure, a journey even, of self discovery... Purpose: I am going to spend the next 365 days w/out buying clothes-for myself. Strange? Maybe. Maybe not. We will see what sort of things happen...

5.01.2010

Califorina Interview

So, after 7ish hours of traveling I arrived in San Jose, CA on Thursday evening. Which if any of you have ever been to San Jose's airport you would know that it is SMALL. So I walked off the plan onto the tarmac to get into the actual building. First time for that, but what made it even more special was that I was walking off the plane while facing the sunset and seeing the beautiful lay of the California land. Awesome.

Yesterday, Friday was the first of the 3 day interviewing process. It made for a long day for sure. However I was able to see a lot of the south bay area like; San Carlos, San Mateo, Belmont, Palo Alto-home of Stanford University, Menlo Park, Redwood City...Check 'em out!
I have also meet lots of great people in most of these areas and seen many middle and high schools including a lacrosse game!

It really is a beautiful area, and surprisingly enough I feel very comfortable and at "home" here which in many ways is a good thing/feeling to have. Mike and Colleen Francisco whom I have been staying with for the weekend have been fantastic hosts. It has been wonderful to visit with good friends while also interviewing for a potential job!

I am feeling really great about all the interviewing thus far. In any situation and especially in an interviewing situation it is A LOT to take in. But that is what I am doing, taking it all in and processing, evaluating and wrapping my mind around everything. Thank you to all of you who love and support me through prayers, thoughts and encouraging words and conversations. It really makes my heart happy to know you all are with me while I am away! I love you all, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment