This is what's up...

My photo
This is what's up... I am starting a new adventure, a journey even, of self discovery... Purpose: I am going to spend the next 365 days w/out buying clothes-for myself. Strange? Maybe. Maybe not. We will see what sort of things happen...

7.07.2010

Salem United Church of Christ and it's Youth Director

I have been working at Salem UCC for 1 month and 7 days- as of today. I love it! http://www.salemuccalh.org/(sorry for the lame website) At the beginning and some might say that this is still the beginning, but at the beginning I have had much to adjust to and learn. This past month has taught me A LOT about myself and A LOT about church and it's people from a staff position.
I defiantly was one of those people who had the perfect job fantasies, meaning that once I finally was able to do what I have been called to do and get paid for it, it was going to be perfect. Errrr. Wrong.
I have learned that I just can't say whatever is on my mind/ stick my foot in my mouth. And for those of you who know me... this can be a great challenge. I have also learned that I have 1 boss and 50 'CEO's' that are also watching and wanting to know every move I make, or don't make. I have learned that to be called into ministry you are truly called. My passion, my drive comes from the youth, comes from Christ. This is why I am in ministry. But it is not without it's own challenges, self doubts, and reservations.
I have also learned and been reminded that I am a youth at heart. My 25th birthday is quickly approaching and I can say that I don't feel the way society says a 25 year old should feel or act for that matter. Maybe this is frustrating for my parents/family, I don't know. But I have always gone just a little slower than most other people so maybe not. I am learning to be a great deal more organized and time managing. I am learning to be more of a leader to delegate and to minister with others and to ask for help.
So, I love my job. I am happy with where I am at in these moments. Happy first month to me!



1 comment:

  1. Yay! First month :) I'm so proud of you! P.S. Your office looks cool.

    ReplyDelete