Being a quarter of a century old is a big deal. It’s exciting. It’s worth celebrating. It’s momentous. Think about it; your 25-year class reunion, your 25th-wedding anniversary… 25 is a big number, a big deal. Turning 25, having 25 years of life, that is something to be blessed with!
So in my 25 years of life…….. the blessings, the challenges, the discoveries, the loves, relationships, passions, the people, the accomplishments, goals, achievements, the learned, etc.
25 years of Travels: I have been so blessed to be able to travel. I have been on a weeklong cruse to Mexico. I have gone on mission trips to, NY, CO, TN. I have road tripped from IL to CO and seen that beauty of the land. I have visited FL and Disney World. I have been to WI while visiting family. I have been to IN to visit friends. I have road tripped from IL to NY with one of my best friends. I had a job interview in the San Francisco Bay area. I took a 3-week course in Israel. I have visited the Vegas strip of the mid-west, Branson, MO.
25 years of Challenges: Parents divorced and being raised in a broken home. Being challenged with learning to deal with and choose to also be at peace with the death of my father and uncle one year after the other. Broken home and relationships between mother- daughter, sister-brother, and aunt/uncle- niece. Experiencing the thrill of being a high school graduate. A joyfully challenge at being a college graduate. Buying my first car. Being accepted, welcomed, loved and apart of a different family. Being loved and learning to always love.
25 years of Developing: Once being so shy that I hid behind my dad’s legs. Then being on academic probation freshmen year of college for being too social, to a nice medium at 25. I have discovered that I take my time with most things. I gather information, opinions, thoughts; idea’s all the while trying to figure out my position on things. God. Without God in my life, I would not be the woman you all know me to be, to this day. It has taken me awhile to love me. I mispronounce words on an hourly basis. I make up ‘Cori-isms’ – words that I think are right in a phrase and turn out to not even be close. I love laughing at myself. I love that I come from a broken home God has blessed me. I love people. I love community.
25 years…: I am blessed and have been blessed with more than I could ever think to even ask. I am a high school and college graduate. And hope to go back to school for at least a couple more things in life. I love learning. I have the best sister’s who love me- and we all hail from different families. I love working for God. It is hard work, shoot is hard being a follower of Christ, but it is a life I would not choose any differently. Being in Youth ministry now, but having that time when I was searching for a couple of years to figure out where to go, what to be, what to do and when, is such a wonderful affirmation. I want to continue to travel, to see what wonder this world holds along with its people. I love people. I love that God loves me. I have loved another and hope to love in such away again. I am working on loving me every day. I love running and hope to continue to get better.
Yes, these past 25 years have been wonderful in many ways. Reflection really makes a difference. Things now I can laugh about or understand or accept but once would bring on a fountain of tears. And so many wonderful memories made, bring joy and smiles to my face. Or remind me of times that I need to make better choices. Yes, I pray for at least another 25 years to go and see, do and be open to what God has opened and set for me. Thank you to all who have been apart of my life. May we have more years together!
No comments:
Post a Comment