This is what's up...

My photo
This is what's up... I am starting a new adventure, a journey even, of self discovery... Purpose: I am going to spend the next 365 days w/out buying clothes-for myself. Strange? Maybe. Maybe not. We will see what sort of things happen...

1.04.2011

And so it has begun

And so it has begun. I actually started Sunday, I bought tunic/dresses for spring summer and who knows by that time, I might be going crazy. Ok most like I wont, but who knows.

I feel good about what I am doing. I am in no way in need of clothing, I just like it. And that is not a good enough reason- to just buy it because I like it.

I am however already struggling- in that I find myself thinking that since I am not going to be spending all this money( not like I spent a lot anyway) on clothes that I have it for other things. Therein lies dangerous thoughts and the challenge of this journey. I don't want to stop spending money on clothes, just to turn around and start spending it on everything else. That sure wont teach me anything!

I want to stop spending money on clothes as a lesson to myself to stop spending money on things that are unnecessary. Now it is a little presumptuous for me to think that I will stop spending money on ALL things that are unnecessary- but I want to learn and form the habits of a wise steward of money, and a wise consumer.

So, I will see what happens

3 comments:

  1. I hope you can avoid buying a bridesmaid dress! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy!

    And Amanda- there are exceptions... like undergarments and BRIDESMAID dress!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete